Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Nvidia Nforce2 Integrated NIC

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    8
    OErjan,
    nothing... look at this:
    Code:
    root@cawendio:~# ifconfig eth0 up&&pump
    Operation failed.
    root@cawendio:~# lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    atmtcp                 11520  0
    atm                    44076  1 atmtcp
    firmware_class         11520  0
    snd_mixer_oss          19200  0
    snd                    50692  1 snd_mixer_oss
    via_agp                 9984  0
    sworks_agp             11424  0
    sis_agp                 9600  0
    nvidia_agp             10140  1
    intel_mch_agp          12044  0
    intel_agp              18968  0
    efficeon_agp           10624  0
    ati_agp                10636  0
    amd_k7_agp             10124  0
    amd64_agp              12872  0
    ali_agp                 9600  0
    autofs                 19584  1
    af_packet              21636  0
    nls_iso8859_1           8320  0
    nls_cp437               9984  0
    agpgart                32204  11 via_agp,sworks_agp,sis_agp,nvidia_agp,intel_mch_agp,intel_agp,efficeon_agp,ati_agp,amd_k7_agp,amd64_agp,ali_agp
    i810_audio             34704  2
    ac97_codec             19840  1 i810_audio
    soundcore              12000  4 snd,i810_audio
    forcedeth              17920  0
    parport_pc             38176  0
    parport                39104  1 parport_pc
    8250                   34208  0
    serial_core            23168  1 8250
    hci_usb                16896  0
    bluetooth              50148  1 hci_usb
    evdev                  12416  0
    joydev                 13504  0
    tsdev                   9984  0
    hid                    46400  0
    usb_storage            67072  0
    megaraid               40904  0
    ohci1394               33920  0
    ieee1394              305552  1 ohci1394
    ohci_hcd               20864  0
    uhci_hcd               33416  0
    usbcore                94420  7 hci_usb,hid,usb_storage,ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd
    ds                     17920  0
    yenta_socket           17664  0
    pcmcia_core            59136  2 ds,yenta_socket
    thermal                15760  0
    processor              21440  1 thermal
    fan                     7564  0
    button                  9240  0
    battery                12556  0
    ac                      8204  0
    ide_cd                 39680  0
    ide_scsi               17668  0
    rtc                    15560  0
    ext3                  106152  1
    jbd                    68256  1 ext3
    as you can see, forcedeth is running, but not used.
    I don't know why...
    new 17-05-04 Knoppix image just finished to download, I'm burning it and try with this. I will keep you posted.
    Thanks!!!
    Rodrigo.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    66
    The new one works great, I have had no problems with my system, or the one that I just built for my buddy, it works great from the CD... I don't even have the issue from the screwed up scsi Driver with the Serial ATA/ MCP chipset issue any more, I just insert and boot.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Tried /etc/init.d/networking restart yet?

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    Try the overclockix cd with integrated NVIDIA drivers ....
    I think this has a better chance to work ...

    http://overclockix.octeams.com/

    These guys !!! ROCK !!!

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Why thank you.

    Because I cater to hardware enthusiasts and overclockers, Nforce2 support has been a major point for all versions of Overclockix. Until I can update the 2.6 kernel, Nforce2 nic's will only work in Overclockix's 2.4 kernel.

    http://overclockix.octeams.com

    Sadly Overclockix development has stalled out temporarily. I don't have a net connection at home right now since I just moved across the country and am still getting a job and getting settled (and married!!! ).

    Anyway, a third release version of Overclockix 3.4 will soon replace the two current iso's. The only real change will be a bugfix for the custom desktop configs.

    Version 3.4 is the one I recommend right now. Only major issue is that there wasn't room for openoffice.

    3.4_V2 has openoffice, but no XFCE. Also all the custom desktops will only work if you hdd-install, which is a major bummer.

    Soon-to-be-released 3.4_V3 will be the same as V2, but the custom desktop configs will work when run live from CD. I also might update the kernels to be the same as the current version of Knoppix 3.4 (2.6.5 instead of 2.6.1).



    I do have one helper (overdoze) who has been maintaining the Overclockix_LTSP release which is a specialized remaster of Knoppix 3.3 that is setup for folding@home using the Linux terminal server (LTSP) to PXE-boot diskless clients.



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How to install nvidia nforce2 driver in knoppix cd version
    By myztik19 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 12:48 PM
  2. driver nVidia with lan integrated
    By larrycow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 10:58 AM
  3. nForce2 Help please please please
    By KPFOX1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 03:57 PM
  4. nForce2 Integrated NIC Not Detected
    By xTrinity in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 02:49 AM
  5. nvidia & audigy integrated drivers
    By Yakumo in forum Ideas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99