Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: ADSL/PPPOE Configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4

    ADSL/PPPOE Configuration

    Knoppix 3.1/KDE 3.0

    I run the ADSL/PPPOE Configuration.
    It finds my ethernet device(eth0)
    I enter my username and password.
    I finish the configuration tool.

    I open Konquerer web Browser.
    It can't find any pages(as though I don't have a connection)

    How do test to make sure the DSL is connected and on?
    Am I doing soemthing wrong?

    I have tried launching the console and typing pon and sudo pon, but then when I open the Web Browser still no results.

    Please help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199
    <snip>
    How do test to make sure the DSL is connected and on?
    </snip>

    More information would help. Which DSL service? Which ethernet card? Which DSL modem?

    Does your modem have status-indicator lights? You can learn a lot from them. The blink-pattern of the "activity" and "ethernet" lights will indicate DSL activity; check for similarities or differences between these patterns under Windows and Knoppix.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4
    VIA Rhine NIC(built into my EPOX motherboard)

    Earthlink PPPOE DSL Dynamic username/password required
    DNS 207.69.188.187, 207.217.120.83

    Modem SpeedStream 5360

    No router/switch/hub

    The NIC is found as eth0, the configuration utility runs and finishes, but I don't think it works. Is there a way to test or configure manually?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2

    dsl config

    I have the same problem as ronin,same speedstream 5360.But here's whats funny.When I was just running Knoppix off the c.d. ,the dsl config. worked fine.same when I installed it on to hd.
    When I reinstalled windows98 in a seperate partition,I couldn't get back online using knoppix,but booting from the c.d. i can.
    When i ran plog,what i kept getting is this:
    LCP:Timeout Config-Request
    Any and all help is appreciated,

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2
    Forgot,am also using aD-link 530 ether card

  6. #6
    uwe
    Guest

    LCP timeout sending config-requestes

    an 15 17:41:04 box pppd[4288]: Connect: ppp1 <--> /dev/pts/3
    Jan 15 17:41:35 box pppd[4288]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
    Jan 15 17:41:39 box pppd[4288]: Modem hangup
    Jan 15 17:41:39 box pppd[4288]: Connection terminated.
    Jan 15 17:41:39 box pppd[4288]: Exit.
    You have new mail in /var/mail/root

    Realtek card RTL-8139/8139 C
    Subsytem Allied Telesys AT-2500 TX -ACPL

    is a bug in the chip ?

    any time the connection is ok. any time not

    poff dsl-provoder..po dsl-provider or
    ifconfig eth0 down or up

    then is mozille in works????




  7. #7
    uwe
    Guest

    defaultroute sed: -e expression #1, char 36: Unknown option

    defaultroute
    sed: -e expression #1, char 36: Unknown option to 's'
    sed: -e expression #1, char 36: Unknown option to 's'
    root@box:~# plog
    Jan 13 22:28:05 box pppd[3503]: secondary DNS address 194.25.2.129

    script pppoeconf...........................


    error on the end????

    please help

    Uwe


  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4
    I solved my problem and I feel so stupid.

    I never needed to edit DNS addresses or change anything special.

    When I ran the ADSL/PPPOE utility it asks for a username and password. When I get to the part where I am suppose to enter my username, the line where I enter it has the word "username" already there, then when I type, my username follows(I checked the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file and saw what it was doing). The trick was to clear the word "username" from the line, then enter my username, then continue utility like normal, and it works great...

  9. #9
    simple
    Guest

    username

    you are not alone . I did the same and felt the same!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    3

    Hi there

    i been cheek the past -post anda i have knoppix 3.3 installed in hd, i have all rigth in pap-secret and i have the same error ,


    i configured my eth0 w/
    ip 192.168.1.5
    mask 255.255.255.0
    pe 192.168.1.1

    dns , ok, every think ok, but qhen i try to connect... the same i am stuck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ADSL/PPPOE configuration
    By rickwinters in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:57 PM
  2. Firewall and ADSL/PPPoe config
    By funky in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 05:55 AM
  3. Firewall and ADSL/PPPoe connection
    By funky in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
  4. ADSL/PPPoE Configuration Problem
    By Zapata in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2003, 08:39 PM
  5. ADSL/-PPPOE configuration doesn't find anything
    By Win95user in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2003, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99



Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read- picture

Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz 64 GB RAM No OS No HDD Read-

$239.95