Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Nvidia Nforce2 Integrated NIC

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14

    Nvidia Nforce2 Integrated NIC

    are there any cheatcodes to allow me to use the integrated nic on my Nforce2 board, or am I going to have to go d/l a driver. Knoppix just says no NIC found

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    8
    I have the same problem but booting from the HD Installation. In the boot screen, It seems everything goes well since appear a line telling "eth0 devices found, sending dhcp broadcast (backgrounding)" or something like that. I made lsmod and I can see "forcedeth" loaded, i made "modprobe forcedeth" and nothing happened (I think this is Ok, isn't it?). But, in KDE, I ran the configure network card script in the knoppix menu and it said "sending dhcp brodcast to eth0: failed", and in the control center I only can see the active loopback in the network interfaces screen.
    What I am forgotten? What I made wrong?
    Can anybody help me?
    Thanks a lot!!!!!

    AMD XP2600+ 512 Mb nForce2 Knoppix 3.4 kernel 2.6.5

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Those NICs should *just work* as that driver is part of the kernel now. Orb360 try:
    lsmod
    and see if forcedeth is there.

    iscarib try:

    dhclient eth0

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14
    I downloaded the new image and it works fine... But I'd still like to use my previous image (Knoppix-STD) with my new mobo.... but since I don't have a HD to spare to remaster the new image.... I guess I'll just have to wait until Knoppix STD remaster's theirs...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    8
    mzilikazi,
    Thanks for your tip, but it doesn't work for me or I don't know how to do it work. When I try with "dhclient eth0" in console, an error message "command dhclient not found" appear. Have I include this command in any file?

    Orb360,
    Are you booting from CD or from HD installation?
    Did the new Knoppix image recognize the nForce NIC well?

    All of them,
    In modconf I see the forcedeth module loaded. Also, I see forcedeth in lsmod, but I can't see the nForce NIC in the control center, in the network interfaces appart. Have anybody any idea?
    Thanks a lot in advance!!!

    Rodrigo.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    should it not be pump eth0?
    check if the module is loaded (lsmod) and then check what is said about network (ifconfig) post here if uncertain.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    8
    OErjan,
    Thanks a lot! I will try it, but, I have to type "pump eth0" in console or I must put this line into any file?
    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    just in console for now. output from the two comands
    Code:
    dmesg|grep eth
    and
    Code:
    ifconfig
    may further help me help you.
    my guess is that you might have to edit the setup of your runlevel to get it to autoconfigure corectly, it might be down for some reason, check if
    Code:
     ifconfig eth0 up
    THEN
    Code:
    pump eth0
    works (as root).
    the comand could be written in one line like so:
    Code:
    sudo ifconfig eth0 up&&pump eth0
    .

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    8
    Oerjan,
    look at this:
    Code:
    root@cawendio:~# dmesg|grep eth
    forcedeth.c: Reverse Engineered nForce ethernet driver. Version 0.25.
    eth0: forcedeth.c: subsystem: 01695:1000 bound to 0000:00:04.0
    root@cawendio:~# ifconfig
    eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:04:61:50:60:A4
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:19 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
              RX bytes:4116 (4.0 KiB)  TX bytes:1368 (1.3 KiB)
              Interrupt:20 Base address:0x5000
    
    lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
              inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
              RX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
              RX bytes:500 (500.0 b)  TX bytes:500 (500.0 b)
    When I tried with the other "combined command" line, i get the next error message:
    Code:
    root@cawendio:~# ifconfig eth0 up&&pump eth0
    pump: no extra parameters are expected
    What do you think?
    Notice that in the boot screen say "network device eth0 detected. sending DHCP broadcasting (backgrounding)" or something like that. Why kernel detect eth0 in the booting and when I am in KDE I don't find any eth0?
    I'm a complete newbie in linux, and I don't know what's happen!
    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    oops, i was tired when i typed that. no eth... after pump, like this.
    Code:
    ifconfig eth0 up&&pump
    what does
    Code:
    lsmod
    say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to install nvidia nforce2 driver in knoppix cd version
    By myztik19 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 12:48 PM
  2. driver nVidia with lan integrated
    By larrycow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 10:58 AM
  3. nForce2 Help please please please
    By KPFOX1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 03:57 PM
  4. nForce2 Integrated NIC Not Detected
    By xTrinity in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 02:49 AM
  5. nvidia & audigy integrated drivers
    By Yakumo in forum Ideas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$88.90



Samsung M391A2K43BB1-CRCQ 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2400T EE1-11 DDR4 ECC Server Memory picture

Samsung M391A2K43BB1-CRCQ 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2400T EE1-11 DDR4 ECC Server Memory

$129.99



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95