Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unable to open modem?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1

    Unable to open modem?

    Hi! Today I was instaled Knoppix 3.4 on my HDD.
    I have intel 537 modem. Drivers are downloaded & unpacked.
    I have log in as root and compiled drivers:
    make clean
    make all
    make inastall
    I have set up KPPP and IT IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Avaj, then I have loged in as User, opened KPPP and dial.
    Then it says: "Unable to open modem". All settings are same, modem is in /dev/ but I can dial only in root user. HELP!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    20
    Try this in a console **as root**:

    ln -f /dev/ttyS4 /dev/modem

    If that doesn't work, try the same thing except use /dev/ttyS0, 1, 2, or 3.

  3. #3

    unable to open modem

    After installing to my hard drive, all was well. Then I uninstalled a few packages I didn't need. The next time I tried to dial out I got the message, "unable to open modem." I found that the mode for /dev/ttyS0,1,and 2 had been reset to c _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. I changed the mode back to crw-rw-rw-, and all was well again.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to open modem /modem busy
    By jodef in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 08:21 AM
  2. suddenly kppp unable to open modem
    By justin in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 01:26 PM
  3. unable to open modem
    By taff in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 02:48 PM
  4. Unable to open display properties
    By ZX in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 08:34 AM
  5. unable to open a suitable terminal device
    By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$99.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$7.99



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00