Use apt-spy. From the man page:
apt-spy - program to generate a /etc/apt/sources.list file
It takes a while (leave it to run overnight) and you can set regions. In your case, I'd suggest Europe, rather than UK.
Hi,
I've tried to install evolution using
'apt-get -t unstable install evolution'
I recieved a whole lot of warnings inthe form of
'W: Couldn't stat source package list http://www.penguinppc.org ./packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/www.penguinppc.org_%7edaniels_sid_i386_._Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems'
Running 'apt-get update' generates the following typical error:
'Failed to fetch http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/i386/Packages.gz 404 Not Found'
Obviously ~daniels' account on penguinppc.org is no longer operating.
So my question is this:
Where can I get a current /etc/apt/sources.list which has the most relevant mirrors by region, (I'm currently in the UK but will be in South Africa in the near future)?
Use apt-spy. From the man page:
apt-spy - program to generate a /etc/apt/sources.list file
It takes a while (leave it to run overnight) and you can set regions. In your case, I'd suggest Europe, rather than UK.
many thanks fingers!
>It takes a while (leave it to run overnight) and you can set regions.
Sheesh!
Running this in South Africa could be a tad expensive! Not only do they pay the ISPs a connection fee, but the telecom company is a state-run monopoly who charge like a rhino on heat!

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00