Use apt-spy. From the man page:
apt-spy - program to generate a /etc/apt/sources.list file
It takes a while (leave it to run overnight) and you can set regions. In your case, I'd suggest Europe, rather than UK.
Hi,
I've tried to install evolution using
'apt-get -t unstable install evolution'
I recieved a whole lot of warnings inthe form of
'W: Couldn't stat source package list http://www.penguinppc.org ./packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/www.penguinppc.org_%7edaniels_sid_i386_._Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems'
Running 'apt-get update' generates the following typical error:
'Failed to fetch http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/i386/Packages.gz 404 Not Found'
Obviously ~daniels' account on penguinppc.org is no longer operating.
So my question is this:
Where can I get a current /etc/apt/sources.list which has the most relevant mirrors by region, (I'm currently in the UK but will be in South Africa in the near future)?
Use apt-spy. From the man page:
apt-spy - program to generate a /etc/apt/sources.list file
It takes a while (leave it to run overnight) and you can set regions. In your case, I'd suggest Europe, rather than UK.
many thanks fingers!
>It takes a while (leave it to run overnight) and you can set regions.
Sheesh!
Running this in South Africa could be a tad expensive! Not only do they pay the ISPs a connection fee, but the telecom company is a state-run monopoly who charge like a rhino on heat!

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99