-
Video Problems after booting 3.3
I am a newbee to linux/knoppix. I bought a bootable knoppix v3.3 CD.
Set my Bios to boot from CD. (AMD K-6 III 400 / 256MB VGA)
Started to boot, I got the initial Knoppix screen, then a black screen with
a penguin on top with many lines of what I assumed was error codes.
It had the pin cushion look..Tried manual monitor adjustment then I booted again.
Same result as I was going to write down the error messages I smell
hot electronics So I quickly shut everything down. Found the source to be my
monitor. Booted off HD okay to my normal Win98.
Now I'm paranoid to try my Knoppix CD again.
Do I just need to add a boot option for vga, screen, refresh rate, etc ?
How do I add boot options ?
Will Knoppix smoke my monitor & graphics card ?
Similar Threads
-
By OAKLEAF in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-14-2005, 06:20 PM
-
By JFAB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:41 AM
-
By PaladminBC in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 06:51 PM
-
By gsanvic in forum Laptops
Replies: 15
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 06:59 AM
-
By frannette in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99