-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks, Durand, but I mentioned my kernel, because since 2.5.53 /etc/modules.conf is obsolet.
I mentioned as well that I grepped (I launched the 'grep'-command) for 'par' in the whole /etc -path - well only 3 levels deep to be exact.
I didn't mention that I'm starting in runlevel 4, but that's not important, since all
rcX.d/[SH][NN]FILES are linked to
/etc/init.d/FILES
I looked for cups, but it's not mentioned in my initscripts. (And there is no cupsd running).
The only thing which is run is a stripped version of knoppix-autoconfig, which might be guilty.
I removed everything I will never use (language=spain, pcmcia, firewire, freemem-check, ...), to speed up the starttime of the computer from 60s to 30s (a 1.1 Ghz machine) for booting into the shell.
But perhaps the PCI-probing, which finds parport0, is loading the module?
I had a closer look to the scripts because of your reply, so it was helpful without giving the solution.
And yes, I investigated the /lib/modules/$KVER/module* - files too.
Similar Threads
-
By thummer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
-
By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:56 AM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 02:16 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By catfish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Cisco UCSC-C220-M5 1U Server 2X Intel Xeon Gold 6148 2.40Ghz 64GB Ram 2x770W PSU
$490.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99