-
Junior Member
registered user
Getting More Help With a Hard Drive Install
I just installed 3.4 to my hard drive last night and everything seems to be going well. Anyone who says that Linux is too difficult to install hasn't used Knoppix.
Now that I have it installed, I'm noticing that several things are much slower than my old RedHat 8.0 install (especially OO.o and Mozilla). I want to start optimizing things so that the machine is as snappy as I can make it. I know that the new KDE probably takes up some more overhead but, there have to be ways to streamline.
I'm not necessarily looking for help with this here though I would gladly take any help that anyone would like to offer. Instead, what I'm trying to figure out is where the best place to go for that info would be. Debian.org is fine, but most of the stuff there is mailing lists instead of web boards. I know that Google probably mirrors these, but is there a good web board (similar to this one or the OpenOffice forums) where I should be looking.
Thanks.
--
Brian
Similar Threads
-
By shawgo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By kamal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 07:39 AM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
-
By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Octa Vacuum Vacuum Dock Whale Tail-Tablet Mount for iPad, Galaxy, Surface More
$33.12

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99