You might try "apt-get -f install". You could also edit /etc/locale.gen and remove all locales which you don't need, amongst which possibly the offending romanian one...
Any idea what the following means, and how to fix it.
Happens during apt-get update.
--Code:ro_RO.ISO-8859-2...LC_ADDRESS: `country_ab3' value does not match `country_num' value dpkg: error processing locales (--configure): subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
TimW
You might try "apt-get -f install". You could also edit /etc/locale.gen and remove all locales which you don't need, amongst which possibly the offending romanian one...
Cheers, I hadn't thought of editing the /etc/locales.gen file
Seems to have fixed the problem.
--
TimW
I got the same message when running 'localepurge' according to http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppixtweak.php instruction.Originally Posted by TimWhite
Don't even remember how I got it fixed but I think there was some bug in locales-package (from unstable). Also 'locale-gen' and 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' stopped in ro_RO.
-tapsa-
I googled around but the only solution I can find is:Originally Posted by TimWhite
sudo dpkg-reconfigure --force locales
and removing ro_RO.ISO-8859-2
then running apt-get upgrade again. Hope this helps someone. I suspect
this is no solution for people using that locale..

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50