-
I was getting the same error, and just want to note that I'm a noob, but that aside. And note that this is on a HDD that I am not using for anything else other than the knoppix install and was willing to wipe it clean.
so here's what I finally did, and it worked
booted from the CD
did the whole knoppix lang=us thing
waited for all to load
I hit CTRL-shft-f1
typed sudo cfdisk
deleted all the partitions
formatted the free space as primary (linux)
clicked write
(at this point I didn't even know how to get back to the desktop)
so I rebooted the CD
opened the terminal
typed sudo knoppix-installer
did step one
and step two in order
choosing all the defaults like beginner, etc
and then it formatted and installed without any problems.
Similar Threads
-
By Dark_Wolf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By Chuckbaker in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By shoka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By Spike in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
-
By joekm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-01-1970, 04:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99