Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: M-audio audiophile 2496 problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4

    M-audio audiophile 2496 problem

    I don't know whether this is the appropriate place to post this, but I've had the same problem with two Knoppix based distributions, so I figured I'd give this forum a try. The two distrobutions are Kanotix and the new Demudi live CD. The problem is that the sound plays back too fast. Gordon Lightfoot comes out sounding like Alvin the Chipmunk. The speed is consistent, but just too fast. The strange part is that it works great from the live CD, but as soon as I install to the hard drive, the speed goes up. I don't have the problem with my old TB Santa Cruz. This is using ALSA. I'm hoping to do some recording with Ardour, so I need ALSA. Has anyone else had or heard of this problem? The card is based on the Envy24 chip.
    My system: Albatron KX400-8x motherboard, Athlon 2100+, 512M ram, Nvidia GeForce2 video card.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4
    If anyone is interested, I got it working. Apparently it was a sample rate problem. 44100 hz files were being played at 48000 hz. ALSA-tools has a program called envy24control which allows setting the hardware sample rate. This of course requires setting the hardware rate explicitly according to the file, but that is workable. It still seems strange that the problem doesn't occur in the live CD versions.

    --Chase

Similar Threads

  1. Audio CD
    By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
  2. Audio CD mounting problem
    By leone25s in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:47 PM
  4. Problem with audio
    By Rat attack in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:36 AM
  5. Asus A7M266-D and CM8738 Audio Problem and Fix
    By bfree in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98% picture

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%

$50.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe picture

Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe

$28.90



Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC picture

Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC

$109.99