-
M-audio audiophile 2496 problem
I don't know whether this is the appropriate place to post this, but I've had the same problem with two Knoppix based distributions, so I figured I'd give this forum a try. The two distrobutions are Kanotix and the new Demudi live CD. The problem is that the sound plays back too fast. Gordon Lightfoot comes out sounding like Alvin the Chipmunk. The speed is consistent, but just too fast. The strange part is that it works great from the live CD, but as soon as I install to the hard drive, the speed goes up. I don't have the problem with my old TB Santa Cruz. This is using ALSA. I'm hoping to do some recording with Ardour, so I need ALSA. Has anyone else had or heard of this problem? The card is based on the Envy24 chip.
My system: Albatron KX400-8x motherboard, Athlon 2100+, 512M ram, Nvidia GeForce2 video card.
-
If anyone is interested, I got it working. Apparently it was a sample rate problem. 44100 hz files were being played at 48000 hz. ALSA-tools has a program called envy24control which allows setting the hardware sample rate. This of course requires setting the hardware rate explicitly according to the file, but that is workable. It still seems strange that the problem doesn't occur in the live CD versions.
--Chase
Similar Threads
-
By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
-
By leone25s in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
-
By ldp in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:47 PM
-
By Rat attack in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By bfree in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

Sony Ruggedized Raid PSZ-RA Thunderbolt 2 Portable RAID Array (12TB)
$419.00