Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Sound OK w/ krnl 2.4 - not OK w/ krnl 2.6

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    58

    Sound OK w/ krnl 2.4 - not OK w/ krnl 2.6

    Knoppix 3.4: kernel 2.4 My sound card is not recognized but I still get sound OK using XMMS
    Knoppix 3.4: kernel 2.6 My sound card is still not recognized but now I get no sound and an error.

    Is there a way of getting the driver and soundcard config from krnl 2.4 into 2.6 or is this a known problem? I would rather not buy another soundcard.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Sound in 2.6.5

    sound in 2.6.5 may be a problem..... I have the same trouble going from 2.4 to 2.6

    check lsmod for your sound card....

    try alsaconf/alsamixer (unmute)

    HTH

    Dave T.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    58
    I found a solution recently.
    I booted with "linux26 2 alsa config=blah blah" and alsa found the card,
    set the drivers and started it right up.

    I have now changed my isolinux.cfg to default to that string. Now I don't
    have to type all that jazz at every boot.

    Now I have to find how to pass my login name and password at the root
    prompt so the entire startup process is automagic.

    Any ideas.

Similar Threads

  1. ASUS integrated sound chip recognized but no sound
    By saxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
  2. Writing to NTFS with Knopix 3.4 krnl 2.6
    By bast in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 07:21 PM
  3. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  5. Maxi Sound Muse half channels sound
    By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 750XFG i7-1355U/16GB RAM/No SSD picture

Samsung 750XFG i7-1355U/16GB RAM/No SSD

$299.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor

$41.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00