sound in 2.6.5 may be a problem..... I have the same trouble going from 2.4 to 2.6
check lsmod for your sound card....
try alsaconf/alsamixer (unmute)
HTH
Dave T.
Knoppix 3.4: kernel 2.4 My sound card is not recognized but I still get sound OK using XMMS
Knoppix 3.4: kernel 2.6 My sound card is still not recognized but now I get no sound and an error.
Is there a way of getting the driver and soundcard config from krnl 2.4 into 2.6 or is this a known problem? I would rather not buy another soundcard.
Thanks
sound in 2.6.5 may be a problem..... I have the same trouble going from 2.4 to 2.6
check lsmod for your sound card....
try alsaconf/alsamixer (unmute)
HTH
Dave T.
I found a solution recently.
I booted with "linux26 2 alsa config=blah blah" and alsa found the card,
set the drivers and started it right up.
I have now changed my isolinux.cfg to default to that string. Now I don't
have to type all that jazz at every boot.
Now I have to find how to pass my login name and password at the root
prompt so the entire startup process is automagic.
Any ideas.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95