Very nice. I moved your post over to the Tips and Tricks forum. I hope to give it a try next time I use Karamba.
Here's the configuration file which adds a signal strength bar to karamba (adapted from the maverick theme of arkaine). It may be necessary to edit this for your laptop. On mine, the wlan card is eth0. The script parses the file /proc/net/wireless for the signal strength and displys it. Your results may vary.
Code:karamba x=824 y=360 w=200 h=87 interval=1000 locked=false image x=0 y=0 path="../home/knoppix/background.jpg" <group> x=2 y=0 image x=2 y=4 path="../pics/network.png" text x=24 y=5 text value="Network Info:" color=255,255,0 fontsize=10 font="Icarus" shadow=1 text x=15 y=23 text value="Signal Strength: " color=255,255,255 fontsize=8.9 font="Icarus" shadow=1 image x=95 y=24 path="../pics/barback.png" bar x=96 y=25 sensor=program program="cat /proc/net/wireless | grep 'eth0:' | sed -e 's/eth0: *[0-9]* *//' | sed -e 's/\. .*//'" path="../pics/barmeter.png" w=80 max=92 h=6 interval=1000 image x=95 y=36 path="../pics/graphback.png" graph x=96 y=37 sensor=network w=81 h=12 color=80,189,54 format="%in" max=10 interval=250 text x=15 y=38 text value="In.:" color=255,255,255 fontsize=9 font="Icarus" shadow=1 text x=30 y=38 sensor=network w=60 h=13 align=right format="%in Kb/s" color=80,189,54 fontsize=9 font="Icarus" decimals=2 shadow=1 image x=95 y=56 path="../pics/graphback.png" graph x=96 y=57 sensor=network w=81 h=13 color=225,0,0 format="%out" max=10 interval=250 text x=15 y=58 text value="Out:" color=255,255,255 fontsize=9 font="Icarus" shadow=1 text x=30 y=58 sensor=network w=60 h=13 align=right format="%out Kb/s" color=225,0,0 fontsize=9 font="Icarus" decimals=2 shadow=1 </group>
Very nice. I moved your post over to the Tips and Tricks forum. I hope to give it a try next time I use Karamba.

Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS
$40.00
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Vintage IBM 5152 Personal Computer Graphics Printer Dot Matrix - TESTED WORKING
$229.00
Vintage Compaq EVO N610C Laptop Pentium 4 2.0GHz 256MB 60GB Win 98SE w/ USB
$100.00
Dell Latitude C640 Win98SE w/ USB Support Retro gaming Vintage USB FDD use CNC
$200.00
Vintage Microspeed MacTrac 2.0 Trackball Mouse - UNTESTED
$19.99
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage Trading Expert for Windows - AIQ Systems Floppy Disks Software + Storage
$75.00