-
Re: (V3.4-2004-05-10) Bit Torrent File/Server ?

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke

Originally Posted by
aay
- removed some scsi modules from the regular knoppix26 (Kernel 2.6) startup
because they are unstable. Use "expert26" to load them.
- Added script for generating bootfloppies in Knoppix "Utilities" menu
- Harddisk installer update from Fabian Franz
- "knoppix splash" fixes
- timezone and language setting add-ons
- added linlinc1 for captive-ntfs for download capabilities
- changed some e100/eepro100 network driver entries in hardware detection
- the usual debian package updates
Is there a Bit Torrent File/Server yet ?
Why not just go to www.knoppix.com and download it from a mirror listed there?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Added script for generating bootfloppies in Knoppix Utilitie
Aay wrote: 'Added script for generating bootfloppies in Knoppix "Utilities" menu '.
Where can one find "Utilities" under the Knoppix directory? I am looking at V.3.4 2004-05-10en and can find nothing called "Utilities", much less a script for generating bootfloppies.
-
Senior Member
registered user
it could be its removed. i'm not sure, but afaik the kernel has become to huge, so it doesnt fit on a floppy anymore. so we can't create bootflopy's anymore. I dont think this removal has made it to the documentation yet. maybe you can find out wazzup and change the docs
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Added script for generating bootfloppies in Knoppix Util

Originally Posted by
David Ormsby-Gore
Aay wrote: 'Added script for generating bootfloppies in Knoppix "Utilities" menu '.
Where can one find "Utilities" under the Knoppix directory? I am looking at V.3.4 2004-05-10en and can find nothing called "Utilities", much less a script for generating bootfloppies.
K, Knoppix, Utilities, ...
cu
Fabian
PS: Or click on the penguin ...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thank you, that solves the problem. I was looking for the floppy boot script on a directory of the 3.4 2004-05-10en CD-ROM and not on the desktop. However, the only problem with putting it on the desktop and not on the unbooted CD-ROM is that you have to have a successfully-booted Knoppix 3.4 to get to the floppy boot script, which is hard to do if you are unable to boot the CD-ROM in the first place. In passing, the 2004-05-10en release of Knoppix 3.4 seems to me to be close to perfect. I have now used this release on seven (7) very different machines ranging from old, low-powered to new, high-powered and all seem to work without hitch. Splendid job.
-
this new build still hasn't helped adaptec SATA controller a1210sa (sil chipset) users, knoppix detects the card fine, detects the drives (eventually, several lost interrupt messages), finally boots (after about 5-10 minutes) , and then can't access the drives. (I'm using JBOD, but RAID users are having same problems).
-
Junior Member
registered user
I think a new build is not only needed for SATA (I just want the ability to stop detection of it!)
But my webcam plays up with Knoppix installer as well.
When it comes time for soundcard to be detected, Knoppix goes for my Quickcam Pro 4000 webcam (it is supported by Linux apparently), and completely overlooks my Creative Audigy 2 Platinum.
I tried doing gnome meeting with this set-up.... but no dice. With no soundcard, Gnome meeting won't start!
-
any updates on the wine yet???
-
Re: Turn off Knoppix 3.4 SCSI detection

Originally Posted by
Discerner0

Originally Posted by
bighusky
Hi
as with the first 3.4 release I am not able to boot 2 PC's with the 2.6 kernel. Both of them boot properly with the 2.4 kernel.
With 2.6 the PC's freeze completely (not even Ctrl-Alt-Del work) on the network adapter:
...
<--->
....
B
I'm no expert but maybe this will help.
Knoppix 3.4 hung the first time I tried it and here's what worked for me (This is a combination of things I saw elsewhere in the forum
At boot: enter "linux26 knoppix noscsi"
This loads the Linux 2.6 kernel without SCSI detection, which is where Knoppix hung on my computer.
I have a similar situation where in my Laptop, Compaq Evo N800C boots 2.4.x kernel ok but freezes while booting 2.6.
The problematic area seems to be something like AMI Megaraid failed initiation....
This locks the laptop and even me pressing the reset button removing the CD does nothing at all for a few minutes.
Then after sometime after pressing the Reset key the system resets.
After I go into Knoppix24, when I browse the internet the network speed is slower than usual.
I have a 2Mbps Cable connection with a gigafast router & my CNET.com bandwidth meter measurement comes to about only 400 Kbps with a 10/100 network card. Do I need to do anything.
thanks....
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 29
Last Post: 12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
-
By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
-
By phaedral in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
-
Replies: 47
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:28 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

*BENT PINS* ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi LGA 1700 ATX Intel Motherboard
$37.98

ASUS PRIME Z490-P ATX Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 4-DIMM M.2 HDMI Motherboard
$64.83

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45