The one thing I realy miss is the integrated installer, I use Knoppix at school to quickly install my favorite distro with graphical interface etc.
For the rest Great job!
Whoa, hangon, not so fast. It just turned midnight and my clock went stupid again! Was an hour ahead, and showing Tokyo (I'm near Dallas CDT), tried to change it, it switched to UDF, reset zone, then time changed, then it was Tokyo again, adjusted back to CDT, went back to UDF, I put it back to Chicago, It reset time correctly, clicked apply, and the time is still wrong. Apparently the the time fix for version 2004-05-10 works except for just after midnight.
Now, where is the bug page for 05-10?
The one thing I realy miss is the integrated installer, I use Knoppix at school to quickly install my favorite distro with graphical interface etc.
For the rest Great job!
Have you tried changing /etc/localtime to point to your timezone, and then adjusting the time (or syncing with a time server)? It worked for me before...Originally Posted by j.drake
I'm looking for that too...Originally Posted by j.drake
Was added to some patch to kernel 2.6.5 compiled for the Knoppix (bootsplash, acpi, etc) ?
Not directly. I assumed that by right clicking the clock and following the menus I would be doing the same thing. Bear in mind also that the clock behaved flawlessly until midnight local time, then all H broke loose, and it suddenly started behaving as if it were the 05-04 release.Originally Posted by hkfczrqj
OK, with the 2.4.x kernel, everything works fine. With the 2.6 kernel, the multimedia apps are broken (kscd, xine, etc). I can't play cd's with either app. And my mouse wheel doesn't work with 2.6.
I get the same issue when booting Knoppix 2.6 kernel inside Microsoft Virtual PC (which uses a virtual tulip card)Originally Posted by bighusky
To get your Atheros card working see the following and subscribe to the madwifi mailing list.Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:31 pm
This small update fixed the lilo 99 issue when installing to HD. I have a dual boot with WinXP and Knoppix26 on a Dell 7500 laptop. Now all I need is to get my Atheros wifi working.
Project Page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi
FAQ:
http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm
Mailing list Archives:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...forum_id=33958
Subscribe to mailing list:
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=82936
Cheers,
Silas
=0)
Here:Originally Posted by j.drake
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...3.4-2004-05-10
2.6's hardware detection isnt quite yet as good as the 2.4 series. but it will improve, and it goes faster than everOriginally Posted by boehmb
![]()
patience my friend...
![]()

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$235.00
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99