-
orinoco works but not after boot with myconfig=
Been reading a lot but can't find one like this...
I can set up my Orinoco Gold Card (found on eth0) with netcardconfig using a static IP and it works great. Wavelan card config does not work unless I enter it via netcardconfig first but in the end, all is good so I save my configuration to my USB thumb drive on /mnt/sda1. I have verified that the file is on the drive, too.
Here's the problem:
When I boot using knoppix myconfig=/mnt/sda1 I run into a problem. Not only does my card not work, but also eth0 is gone. (Same if I use knoppix myconfig=scan) ifconfig only shows eth1 (the built-in net card - not wireless) and of course, lo. iwconfig doesn't show it either. However, cardctl ident shows it and cardctl status says it is ready.
I noticed some troubling lines after the boot finds my configuration but am nOOb enough to still be confused as to why it is happening. It appears that the boot process eliminates my eth0. Here are the lines:
cardmgr[97] ./network stop eth0
cardmgr[97] /sbin/pump -r -i eth0
cardmgr[97] Operation failed.
cardmgr[97] /sbin/ifconfig eth0 down
ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device.
Failed to bring up eth0.
Here's what I have tried and hasn't worked:
ifconfig eth0 up
pump -i eth0
(Didn't work)
Tried this cheat code, too:
knoppix pci=biosirq
(Didn't work but I read something about IRQ being assigned incorrectly in a post)
Also confusing is the fact that I cannot get DHCP to work with this card but I can get the static configuration to work just fine - I'd just like to boot with it from my USB drive instead of entering it every time. I can get DHCP to work on my desktop that is connected via a regular net card and through a wireless bridge. DHCP is set up correctly on the network.
Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for reading this long post.
Similar Threads
-
By Particle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
-
By mike85gn in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By pybe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 10:08 PM
-
By GuyFawkes in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 01:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Inspiron 7500 ENG setup video VHS VID 17500 Sealed 4697T Vintage
$49.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Epson LQ-570+ Vintage Dot Matrix Printer Tested w/Cable - READ
$100.00

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00