Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wireless interface ath0 on a sony k-13

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    wireless interface ath0 on a sony k-13

    I have a sony k13 laptop running knoppix 3.4. Knoppix detects my wireless card as ath0. However, using iwconfig I cannot seem to configure the card correctly. The wireless rounter is a linksys WRT54G hooked onto a windows xp home box. I disabled security on the router to make the process simpler (I know, bad idea) however I still can't seem to get the magic combination required to get the thing working. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Sorry I can't be of much help here.

    I googled and found the following link which may be of help to you:

    http://madwifiwiki.thewebhost.de/wiki/Ath0OnDebian

    If you get it working, post back so that you can help out others.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5
    HI:

    I've got a Sony Vaio Z1ra (centrino) Knoppix 3.4 works for me with my wireless card.
    After starting Knoppix I run "wavelan configuration" leaving everything blank except the ssid and wep password. (My wlan is encripted and does not broadcast ssid.)
    Next I run "netcardconfig" from the root terminal. Pick "Eth0" and "use dhcp broadcast."
    I've since put "netcardconfig" on the desktop with "find files" and copying the result to the desktop.

    That's it,

    Bob

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BobHodgen
    HI:

    I've got a Sony Vaio Z1ra (centrino) Knoppix 3.4 works for me with my wireless card.
    After starting Knoppix I run "wavelan configuration" leaving everything blank except the ssid and wep password. (My wlan is encripted and does not broadcast ssid.)
    Next I run "netcardconfig" from the root terminal. Pick "Eth0" and "use dhcp broadcast."
    I've since put "netcardconfig" on the desktop with "find files" and copying the result to the desktop.

    That's it,

    Bob
    That's very interesting. I did get wireless to work for me, albeit without WEP. Here's what works for me to get an unencrypted session.

    modprobe ath_pci
    iwconfig ath0 channel 9 ESSID mynetworkname
    pump -i ath0

    I'm still working on getting WEP to work for me. When I do, I will post the info.

Similar Threads

  1. When Knoppix starts it does not go to GUI interface
    By brigi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 05:02 AM
  2. ra0 wireless interface disappeared!
    By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 08:14 AM
  3. Knoppix with a voice interface?
    By knoppix-accessibility in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:26 AM
  4. USB-RS232 Interface Converter & GPS
    By mgsimon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:40 AM
  5. No Gui interface
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$79.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00