Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wireless interface ath0 on a sony k-13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    wireless interface ath0 on a sony k-13

    I have a sony k13 laptop running knoppix 3.4. Knoppix detects my wireless card as ath0. However, using iwconfig I cannot seem to configure the card correctly. The wireless rounter is a linksys WRT54G hooked onto a windows xp home box. I disabled security on the router to make the process simpler (I know, bad idea) however I still can't seem to get the magic combination required to get the thing working. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Sorry I can't be of much help here.

    I googled and found the following link which may be of help to you:

    http://madwifiwiki.thewebhost.de/wiki/Ath0OnDebian

    If you get it working, post back so that you can help out others.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5
    HI:

    I've got a Sony Vaio Z1ra (centrino) Knoppix 3.4 works for me with my wireless card.
    After starting Knoppix I run "wavelan configuration" leaving everything blank except the ssid and wep password. (My wlan is encripted and does not broadcast ssid.)
    Next I run "netcardconfig" from the root terminal. Pick "Eth0" and "use dhcp broadcast."
    I've since put "netcardconfig" on the desktop with "find files" and copying the result to the desktop.

    That's it,

    Bob

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BobHodgen
    HI:

    I've got a Sony Vaio Z1ra (centrino) Knoppix 3.4 works for me with my wireless card.
    After starting Knoppix I run "wavelan configuration" leaving everything blank except the ssid and wep password. (My wlan is encripted and does not broadcast ssid.)
    Next I run "netcardconfig" from the root terminal. Pick "Eth0" and "use dhcp broadcast."
    I've since put "netcardconfig" on the desktop with "find files" and copying the result to the desktop.

    That's it,

    Bob
    That's very interesting. I did get wireless to work for me, albeit without WEP. Here's what works for me to get an unencrypted session.

    modprobe ath_pci
    iwconfig ath0 channel 9 ESSID mynetworkname
    pump -i ath0

    I'm still working on getting WEP to work for me. When I do, I will post the info.

Similar Threads

  1. When Knoppix starts it does not go to GUI interface
    By brigi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 05:02 AM
  2. ra0 wireless interface disappeared!
    By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 08:14 AM
  3. Knoppix with a voice interface?
    By knoppix-accessibility in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:26 AM
  4. USB-RS232 Interface Converter & GPS
    By mgsimon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:40 AM
  5. No Gui interface
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985 picture

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985

$32.00



Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear picture

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear

$24.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00