Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wireless interface ath0 on a sony k-13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    wireless interface ath0 on a sony k-13

    I have a sony k13 laptop running knoppix 3.4. Knoppix detects my wireless card as ath0. However, using iwconfig I cannot seem to configure the card correctly. The wireless rounter is a linksys WRT54G hooked onto a windows xp home box. I disabled security on the router to make the process simpler (I know, bad idea) however I still can't seem to get the magic combination required to get the thing working. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Sorry I can't be of much help here.

    I googled and found the following link which may be of help to you:

    http://madwifiwiki.thewebhost.de/wiki/Ath0OnDebian

    If you get it working, post back so that you can help out others.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5
    HI:

    I've got a Sony Vaio Z1ra (centrino) Knoppix 3.4 works for me with my wireless card.
    After starting Knoppix I run "wavelan configuration" leaving everything blank except the ssid and wep password. (My wlan is encripted and does not broadcast ssid.)
    Next I run "netcardconfig" from the root terminal. Pick "Eth0" and "use dhcp broadcast."
    I've since put "netcardconfig" on the desktop with "find files" and copying the result to the desktop.

    That's it,

    Bob

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BobHodgen
    HI:

    I've got a Sony Vaio Z1ra (centrino) Knoppix 3.4 works for me with my wireless card.
    After starting Knoppix I run "wavelan configuration" leaving everything blank except the ssid and wep password. (My wlan is encripted and does not broadcast ssid.)
    Next I run "netcardconfig" from the root terminal. Pick "Eth0" and "use dhcp broadcast."
    I've since put "netcardconfig" on the desktop with "find files" and copying the result to the desktop.

    That's it,

    Bob
    That's very interesting. I did get wireless to work for me, albeit without WEP. Here's what works for me to get an unencrypted session.

    modprobe ath_pci
    iwconfig ath0 channel 9 ESSID mynetworkname
    pump -i ath0

    I'm still working on getting WEP to work for me. When I do, I will post the info.

Similar Threads

  1. When Knoppix starts it does not go to GUI interface
    By brigi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 05:02 AM
  2. ra0 wireless interface disappeared!
    By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 08:14 AM
  3. Knoppix with a voice interface?
    By knoppix-accessibility in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:26 AM
  4. USB-RS232 Interface Converter & GPS
    By mgsimon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:40 AM
  5. No Gui interface
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage PC Chips M571 Socket 7 Motherboard V3.2A K6500 CPU 384MB EDO DRAM cables picture

Vintage PC Chips M571 Socket 7 Motherboard V3.2A K6500 CPU 384MB EDO DRAM cables

$74.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd picture

Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd

$79.99



Commodore 64 C64 Vintage Personal Computer picture

Commodore 64 C64 Vintage Personal Computer

$299.99



RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller picture

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller

$35.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00