Is this a debian or knoppix style install?
If debian, check in "Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager -> Convenience" if you have "Automatic Login" checked.
OK - I must be missing something!![]()
I did the "adduser" bit for my two sons, giving them a user name and password. My hope was to reboot the computer and they would need to "log in" to be able to use my computer.
NOT!![]()
It still goes directly to (without passing GO) the "Knoppix" user!![]()
Now, I don't mind being called "Knoppix", just don't call me late for dinner! But I don't want my boys (9 and 10) to have the same access I have. I also don't want them modifying my documents...
This is a hard drive install from a live CD. And YES, the installation did ask me for a USER name and password during install. What happend to THAT user???
!!!!HELP!!!! (Didn't want to yell)
Is this a debian or knoppix style install?
If debian, check in "Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager -> Convenience" if you have "Automatic Login" checked.
This is a Knoppix install from the live CD ver 3.3
I've only done debian style installs where adding users is no problem.
I don't know if you can add users with a knoppix style install? I remeber seeing something about it on this forum, but can't remember where![]()

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00