I'm really new at this, so please don't laugh too hard

No idea if this would work, but here goes:

A website, perhaps a subsection of this one, that offers custom KNOPPIX ISOs that are generated in real-time at the users request.

It would work like this:

The customer goes to a page that offers a checklist of options, like Standard Package, Hacker Package, Office Package, Windows Rescue Package, etc.

He then has the option to add or remove software bundles (from the basic package), or individual programs, as well as GUIs, themes etc.

This continues until the user is satisfied with the software suite, and it hasn't exceeded the limit of 700 MB.

The, ISO server I guess you could call it, then assembles a custom package based on the data the user entered, and emails a download link.

User clicks on the link, downloads, burns, smiles.

Is this possible?

Many of you will probably suggest using the apt-get function to achieve the same goal, but I'm thinking of the windows convert newbie like myself, and the others that really don't want to get technical, but want a quick custom package that'll run from CD without intervention.

Perhaps $5 a download? I'd pay that much for this service.

OK... laugh now ...