-
Wish to cache the 'install to live cd' downloaded programs.
Caching 'downloaded' apps to a local drive (ie.. usb drive, or local disk)
I think the ability to download apps such as fprot, flash, etc is really cool, but I do feel a bit guilty for repeated downloads.
For example, whenever I use a 'Damn Small Linux' it has a 'got the bandwitdh' in the internet menu.., and of course I got the bandwidth, but do the mozilla guys got the bandwidth for me to download 12 megs of stuff each time I feel like booting up a script installed firebird.
I wish that when I did use the 'download and run' programs like Fprot, firebird, etc. that I could run off of a cached copy.
Similar Threads
-
By dominican2589 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 07:30 AM
-
By MikePerson in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By Garibaldi in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 04:01 AM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By tolhuisje in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00