-
XP Recordnow for burning ISOs
I don't know whether this is the right place to post this, but I was having trouble with burning Knoppix 3.4 producing a few coasters until I found that the version of Recordnow on my notebook doesn't automatically detect ISOs like the version on a newer desktop. On the newer version a dialog starts automatically.
Steven Schwimmer
[email protected]
-
sorry I don't think your problem is related to mine...
I wonder to fix my problem if there is some way of booting off knoppix in a text-only mode... then installing linux nvidia drivers, done some research on that and found this:
after downloading "NVIDA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run"
you would use the command:
sh NVIDA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run
and then,
sax 2 -m 0=nvidia
I don't know if this would fix my problem but how could I do it so that any time I boot off the cd I don't need to keep installing the drivers, is there anyway of burning a cd and including the drivers or something...
Sorry if this is way off the realms of possibility.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Take a look here.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=47265#47265
That cheatcode might be worth a try.
JD
-
hey, thanks for keeping up with this JD...
Tried what the above post contained, it gets rid of the blank screen problem but all that happens is
"Uncompressing Linux, OK Booting the Kernel"
with a blinking cursor
and stays like that.
No cd activity at all.
I think I'm just going to give in since I don't NEED knoppix, but it sounded nice and some screenshots I've seen looked good.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, it's certainly up to you. When I started a year ago, I spent close to four weeks just trying to get my printer to work. But if you want to learn linux for when you may need it later, this is definitely the place and the way to do it. Before you finally make up your mind, though, check back in a few weeks. We have some extremely bright, capable, and helpful people around here who may be able to help you, but as this point, your problem is beyond my limited capabilities. If you are so lucky as to receive help from Stephen, Rickenbacherus, Fabian, probono, or some of the many other hotshots around here, and they can't help, THEN that will be the time to consider your problem unresolvable!!
Good luck to you, and I'm glad that at least the video issue is partially resolved.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage WINNOV WAVI-97 SOUND VIDEO CAPTURE CARD ISA
$169.99

Vintage 2002 AutoCAD Set - With Serial and Code
$44.55

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT
$50.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards
$145.00

iConcepts 4D Scroll Mouse PS/2 Roller Ball SILVER Vintage EUC Retro Peripheral
$19.58

Vintage 1997 Apple Mac OS 8 I Brake For 8 Bumper Sticker Rainbow Apple Logo
$10.00

Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM
$275.00

Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW
$29.99