Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: install

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4

    XP Recordnow for burning ISOs

    I don't know whether this is the right place to post this, but I was having trouble with burning Knoppix 3.4 producing a few coasters until I found that the version of Recordnow on my notebook doesn't automatically detect ISOs like the version on a newer desktop. On the newer version a dialog starts automatically.

    Steven Schwimmer
    [email protected]

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6
    sorry I don't think your problem is related to mine...

    I wonder to fix my problem if there is some way of booting off knoppix in a text-only mode... then installing linux nvidia drivers, done some research on that and found this:

    after downloading "NVIDA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run"

    you would use the command:

    sh NVIDA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run

    and then,

    sax 2 -m 0=nvidia

    I don't know if this would fix my problem but how could I do it so that any time I boot off the cd I don't need to keep installing the drivers, is there anyway of burning a cd and including the drivers or something...

    Sorry if this is way off the realms of possibility.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Take a look here.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=47265#47265

    That cheatcode might be worth a try.

    JD

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6
    hey, thanks for keeping up with this JD...

    Tried what the above post contained, it gets rid of the blank screen problem but all that happens is

    "Uncompressing Linux, OK Booting the Kernel"
    with a blinking cursor

    and stays like that.

    No cd activity at all.

    I think I'm just going to give in since I don't NEED knoppix, but it sounded nice and some screenshots I've seen looked good.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Well, it's certainly up to you. When I started a year ago, I spent close to four weeks just trying to get my printer to work. But if you want to learn linux for when you may need it later, this is definitely the place and the way to do it. Before you finally make up your mind, though, check back in a few weeks. We have some extremely bright, capable, and helpful people around here who may be able to help you, but as this point, your problem is beyond my limited capabilities. If you are so lucky as to receive help from Stephen, Rickenbacherus, Fabian, probono, or some of the many other hotshots around here, and they can't help, THEN that will be the time to consider your problem unresolvable!!

    Good luck to you, and I'm glad that at least the video issue is partially resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance picture

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance

$29.99



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21