how much does it coast ?
It was reported, that the actual sasser-worm infected banks and flight-reservation system.
What I don't understand:
If you drive a buiseness-network, which depends sensible on your IT: can't you setup you system to be secure?
I guess it is too much work for a private Internet user, to setup a firewall, and to install the latest patches daily.
But I thought you should have a system-administrator, who gets paid for doing this, and you could do it even with win2k, if you are experienced and know your job.
As privateman, you don't need to run a webserver, mailserver, sshd, telnetd, ...
You may turn them of, if they aren't by default, and the possibilities to be cracked reduce quite good.
Most daemons may either be tunneled or could have one of these pretty nice stack-overflow-errors, that could be forced to run foreign code.
I don't suggest everyone to run linux/ knoppix - these people have the bucks to pay for a proprietary unix.
Am I missing an important point?
how much does it coast ?
I'm not a software-dealer so I don't know.
But of course you have to pay the monthly fee for a system-administrator, who's primary duty is security. That might be 10.000 € / month costs all in all for an expert in an industrial country.
It depends... of the coast in the north is expencive move to the south really cheap $12 per poundOriginally Posted by roger_girardin
![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99