-
Senior Member
registered user
Sasser in buisiness nets
It was reported, that the actual sasser-worm infected banks and flight-reservation system.
What I don't understand:
If you drive a buiseness-network, which depends sensible on your IT: can't you setup you system to be secure?
I guess it is too much work for a private Internet user, to setup a firewall, and to install the latest patches daily.
But I thought you should have a system-administrator, who gets paid for doing this, and you could do it even with win2k, if you are experienced and know your job.
As privateman, you don't need to run a webserver, mailserver, sshd, telnetd, ...
You may turn them of, if they aren't by default, and the possibilities to be cracked reduce quite good.
Most daemons may either be tunneled or could have one of these pretty nice stack-overflow-errors, that could be forced to run foreign code.
I don't suggest everyone to run linux/ knoppix - these people have the bucks to pay for a proprietary unix.
Am I missing an important point?
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not a software-dealer so I don't know.
But of course you have to pay the monthly fee for a system-administrator, who's primary duty is security. That might be 10.000 € / month costs all in all for an expert in an industrial country.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: lol

Originally Posted by
roger_girardin
how much does it coast ?
It depends... of the coast in the north is expencive move to the south really cheap $12 per pound
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00