-
ADMtek wireless card not working
I'm new to Linux but, realy enjoy using the Knoppix CD. I have a Compaq notebook that can connect to my home network using a Netgear FA-14 (cat5) PCMCIA card with Knoppix. I also have a wireless Dlink DWL-650 L1 PCMCIA card that uses the ADMtek chip. There are Linux drivers available at http://www.admtek.com.tw/download/ADM8211.htm I have searched Google and Knoppix formus for directions on how to install the drivers w/Knoppix but had no Luck. If anyone has some advice on how to make this card work, I'd realy appreciate it.
Thanks,
wanttolearn
-
Installing drivers using LiveCD and a USB 256MB Memory Key
I found some info here;
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...04/02/1/139939
and here;
http://www.houseofcraig.net/belkin_howto.php
but I need to get it working on a liveCD install, with a myconfig=/dev/sda1 which is only 256 MB... i have no hdd in my laptop.
I need a point in the right direction! (can I remaster a LiveCD to include the drivers??)
[/url]
-
Work on this card continues here's some links:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...5&pagenumber=1
THis one is an alpha GPL driver:
http://www.latinsud.com/adm8211/english.html
Seems Knoppix stil doesn't have any drivers for this card, it doesn't even see mine.
I also run Xandros, their version 2 autodetects it & it just works, but probably using ADMTek's proprietary driver.
Dave
Similar Threads
-
By NML in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
-
By chopperman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By cuberds in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2005, 01:15 AM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By Joninator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00

IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays
$150.00

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96