-
Junior Member
registered user
Changing the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10?
This is a relatively minor problem, but I cannot change the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10. It worked in 3.3, but now I'm told that "/etc/timezone: Read-only file system" even when I use "sudo tzconfig".
How can I fix this? Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
By any chance, was it just after midnight your time? My 2004-05-10 release worked just fine until midnight hit, then it went crazy again, switching time and time zones in a seemingly arbitrary fashion. I conjecture that the 05-10 fix has a problem when the hour = 0.
-
Junior Member
registered user
No, the local time would have been sometime between 21:00 and 22:00.
More oddly, /etc/timezone says "CET" (Central European Time?), but the current time zone is actually -400, which is the US east coast daylight saving time (EDT). It would have been about midnight EDT when I changed the timezone, but that's probably coincidence.
So far, no matter what time zone I've tried to chage it to, I get the same error.
Similar Threads
-
By pearman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 10:40 AM
-
By ccaaee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By tempo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 09:23 PM
-
By lothario in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM ThinkPad External USB 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive with OEM IBM Case NC
$24.95

🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$216.30

Vintage Texas Instruments TI 99/4A Home Computer System In Box
$150.00

Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99

Vintage Zak McKracken Alien Mindbenders Big Box Commodore 64/128 Insert UNTESTED
$165.00

Vintage Sun UltraSPARC III 750MHz + UltraSPARC II 400MHz CPU Lot Ceramic Gold
$34.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage HP PowerWise 1000 UPS Backup Power Supply | Tested Working W/Batt
$37.50

External CD-RW Drive Unit Vintage SCSI Lacie Qualcomm Hard Drive
$159.99

Vintage Commodore 64 Big Box Game Boxes Manuals Enchanter Dragon Riders Of Pern
$189.99