-
install 3.4 over 3.2
Ok, I've been trying my luck with Knoppix 3.2 (-> newbie) and i'm not quite happy with it yet, so I decided I'll go for 3.4. Windows 2000 and Knoppix 3.2 are installed on seperate partitions, LILO is the boot manager.
My question is: do I have to uninstall LILO first, or can I just install 3.4 on the Linux partion. I'm asking this in the forum 'cause I really don't want any hassles with Windows not booting any more and the mbr of my harddrive wrecked.
I just need some instructions of how to go about it.
Thanx
-
Hey there
You do not have to uninstall LILO in order to install 3.4.
The new LILO version from your new 3.4 installation will just overwrite your previous one, so you do not have to worry about this.
You can always boot your PC from a windows rescue-floppy disc and write in the dos prompt
A:>fdisk /mbr
(make sure you have fdisk.com on the floppy disk)
This command will re-write your MBR so that ONLY Windows boots. This means, it will erase LILO.
This is just in case something goes wrong with 3.4, but I think everything should be just fine.
Regards.
-
Simple answer, thank you very much!!
RonanQ
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9" FE 128GB WiFi Tablet SM-X520NZACXAR S-Pen Keyboard 2025
$299.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite / 6GB RAM / 128GB / Gray / Brand New / Sealed
$269.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE+ 13.1in Wi-Fi 32GB 8GB RAM Gray Tablet W/ New Keyboard
$450.00