-
install 3.4 over 3.2
Ok, I've been trying my luck with Knoppix 3.2 (-> newbie) and i'm not quite happy with it yet, so I decided I'll go for 3.4. Windows 2000 and Knoppix 3.2 are installed on seperate partitions, LILO is the boot manager.
My question is: do I have to uninstall LILO first, or can I just install 3.4 on the Linux partion. I'm asking this in the forum 'cause I really don't want any hassles with Windows not booting any more and the mbr of my harddrive wrecked.
I just need some instructions of how to go about it.
Thanx
-
Hey there
You do not have to uninstall LILO in order to install 3.4.
The new LILO version from your new 3.4 installation will just overwrite your previous one, so you do not have to worry about this.
You can always boot your PC from a windows rescue-floppy disc and write in the dos prompt
A:>fdisk /mbr
(make sure you have fdisk.com on the floppy disk)
This command will re-write your MBR so that ONLY Windows boots. This means, it will erase LILO.
This is just in case something goes wrong with 3.4, but I think everything should be just fine.
Regards.
-
Simple answer, thank you very much!!
RonanQ
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99

Juniper Mist AP33 Wireless Access Point White New Sealed 802.11ax WiFi 6
$50.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99