-
install 3.4 over 3.2
Ok, I've been trying my luck with Knoppix 3.2 (-> newbie) and i'm not quite happy with it yet, so I decided I'll go for 3.4. Windows 2000 and Knoppix 3.2 are installed on seperate partitions, LILO is the boot manager.
My question is: do I have to uninstall LILO first, or can I just install 3.4 on the Linux partion. I'm asking this in the forum 'cause I really don't want any hassles with Windows not booting any more and the mbr of my harddrive wrecked.
I just need some instructions of how to go about it.
Thanx
-
Hey there
You do not have to uninstall LILO in order to install 3.4.
The new LILO version from your new 3.4 installation will just overwrite your previous one, so you do not have to worry about this.
You can always boot your PC from a windows rescue-floppy disc and write in the dos prompt
A:>fdisk /mbr
(make sure you have fdisk.com on the floppy disk)
This command will re-write your MBR so that ONLY Windows boots. This means, it will erase LILO.
This is just in case something goes wrong with 3.4, but I think everything should be just fine.
Regards.
-
Simple answer, thank you very much!!
RonanQ
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99

Vtg Atari 800 Complete Computer System Lot Games Controllers Disk Drive Recorder
$499.99

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Vintage 1980’s Atari CX77 Touch Tablet UNTESTED READ
$25.00