-
KPackage + Kscreensaver = Desktop Gone
I was running Knoppix 3.3 with no problems but I wanted screensavers so I tried using KPackage to install kscreensaver and kdelibs.
I left it to run the install and when I came back there was some text in the KPackage window and a y/n choice to stop or restart kde. I'm sorry to say I didn't read the text, picked 'y' and went ahead.
After restarting, I get the Knoppix background, a couple of icons in the upper left (floppy and one other), no taskbar, and it just sits there. I can right-click and get the menu but when I chose Configure Desktop, nothing happens.
Any suggestions on what I can do or ideas about what I did wrong? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 05:43 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:07 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:24 AM
-
By WolfCub in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By Madcatz in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98