I have reinstalled Knoppix on my hd and still get the same problem... Double menu entries almost everywhere! I think it happened after i installed Crossover Office, but dont know for sure. Anyone with the same problem??
Ive sucessfully installed Knoppix 3.4 on my hd.
However, each time I install a new program, or when i run update-menus from the console, I get a duplicate menu entry for almost every program.
Does anyone know a solution for this??
I have reinstalled Knoppix on my hd and still get the same problem... Double menu entries almost everywhere! I think it happened after i installed Crossover Office, but dont know for sure. Anyone with the same problem??
You most probably started update-menus as local user ...Originally Posted by Cardador
mv .local .local-dontuse
should help.
cu
Fabian
I also ran update-menus as the local user and it resulted in duplicate menu items. How do I clear out the duplicates?
Thanks,
NEOMinds

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00