I have reinstalled Knoppix on my hd and still get the same problem... Double menu entries almost everywhere! I think it happened after i installed Crossover Office, but dont know for sure. Anyone with the same problem??
Ive sucessfully installed Knoppix 3.4 on my hd.
However, each time I install a new program, or when i run update-menus from the console, I get a duplicate menu entry for almost every program.
Does anyone know a solution for this??
I have reinstalled Knoppix on my hd and still get the same problem... Double menu entries almost everywhere! I think it happened after i installed Crossover Office, but dont know for sure. Anyone with the same problem??
You most probably started update-menus as local user ...Originally Posted by Cardador
mv .local .local-dontuse
should help.
cu
Fabian
I also ran update-menus as the local user and it resulted in duplicate menu items. How do I clear out the duplicates?
Thanks,
NEOMinds

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic
$149.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96