Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Video Issue

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2

    Video Issue

    I am trying Knoppix on my second PC. Everything looks good at the first prompt. After hitting enter, the video output appears to be horizontally scrolling fast enough to create 5 or 6 columns of video. I have tried a few of the cheatcodes with no success. System info is below. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? If I can get it to work, I will make the hard disk install.

    Thanks
    Harold


    128 Megabytes Memory
    Board: Intel i440BX-W977TF
    Bios: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51 PG 09/25/98
    Processor:
    350 megahertz Intel Pentium II
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Video:
    ATI 3D Rage Pro (atir3) [Display adapter]
    Standard VGA 800x600 [Monitor]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Video Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by prophetikos
    I am trying Knoppix on my second PC. Everything looks good at the first prompt. After hitting enter, the video output appears to be horizontally scrolling fast enough to create 5 or 6 columns of video. I have tried a few of the cheatcodes with no success. System info is below. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? If I can get it to work, I will make the hard disk install.

    Thanks
    Harold


    128 Megabytes Memory
    Board: Intel i440BX-W977TF
    Bios: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51 PG 09/25/98
    Processor:
    350 megahertz Intel Pentium II
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Video:
    ATI 3D Rage Pro (atir3) [Display adapter]
    Standard VGA 800x600 [Monitor]
    Try typing in knoppix vga=normal xvrefresh=60 xmodule=ati screen=800x600 then enter enter key at the opening screen.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2
    That did the trick. I appreciate the quick response. I am new to the Linux platform so I've got a ways to go. Thanks again.

Similar Threads

  1. XP boot issue
    By Rasmus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
  2. MBR issue
    By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
  3. Apt-Setup Issue
    By clivesay in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 08:14 AM
  4. apt-get issue
    By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$248.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$693.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00