-
Frequency problem!
I have some problems setting the frequency of my video card/screen in knoppix. I have a voodoo3 and samsung screen. I only get 60Hz! How do I change it? I already tried the knoppix vfreq=60 or similar at the start but didnt work...
I already installed knoppix onto HD, how do I fix it there? In the x86config file?? thx for your help!
cheers
knoppers
-
Senior Member
registered user
You could put the necessary boot option ( xvrefresh=?? ) in your /etc/lilo.conf file append line ie:
...
append="hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi apm=power-off nomce xvrefresh=72"
...
and then re-run lilo with /sbin/lilo -v
Or another way would be to boot to your CD and play with the boot options (cheat codes, press F2 at startup or read the cheatcodes.txt file on your cd). Once you have your video working like you want it mount your hard drive read-write rename your old XF86Config-4 file just in case and copy the new file into /etc/X11 on your hard drive.
HTH
rock
Similar Threads
-
By Mr.Jack in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 11:00 AM
-
By Crystlnova in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
-
By mppdrake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:11 PM
-
By cbc_B in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By foobar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00