I was running Knoppix 3.3 with no problems but I wanted screensavers so I tried using KPackage to install kscreensaver and kdelibs.
I left it to run the install and when I came back there was some text in the KPackage window and a y/n choice to stop or restart kde. I'm sorry to say I didn't read the text, picked 'y' and went ahead.
After restarting, I get the Knoppix background, a couple of icons in the upper left (floppy and one other), no taskbar, and it just sits there. I can right-click and get the menu but when I chose Configure Desktop, nothing happens.
Any suggestions on what I can do or ideas about what I did wrong? Thanks.

Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Compaq Deskpro 286 AT PC Computer Complete w/Drives Powers On
$189.99
Vintage Toshiba Libretto 70CT Mini Notebook with Port Replicator and 32MB Memory
$320.00
Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00
453 GRAMS / 1 LB REAL GOLD PLATED SCRAP VINTAGE ELECTRONIC PARTS THICK PLATING
$195.00
Vintage Microsoft Green-Eyed Mouse 1983 First Gen Bus connector Tested - Video
$350.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Compaq Contura 4/25c Laptop Computer With Power Adapter & Bag
$199.99