Anyone able to get an SMC 2632W (V2) or a Gigafast WF721-AEX to function (get to internet) with Knoppix 3.4? If so how didja doit?
Anyone able to get an SMC 2632W (V2) or a Gigafast WF721-AEX to function (get to internet) with Knoppix 3.4? If so how didja doit?
Joy, my first post from Knoppix, Live CD! Windows Away!
Well I did get the SMC card running. What a hump for a card that was "recognized" at startup..at least the right driver was loaded (but not configured) and that's something....must mark it down to a lousy (bare bones) driver and limited function card....oh well now if I can figure how to have the config persist over a restart when running from CD I may have a Linux I can actually use for a change.
Anyone need help with this card on a LT I can share.
Meanwhile, having received my noob stripes I'll move to the Networking forum where I found zip help. Still no joy with the Gigafast card...bet nobody there knows how to get that puppy running either...(I'll report back from "expert" land) See ya!![]()

WINDOWS Microsoft "Vintage Style" Computer Keyboard/ #5181
$27.97
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX
$850.00
VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ
$121.83
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$164.95
HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused
$99.99
Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10
$350.00
ISA Video Card, Tseng Labs ET4000AX, 1MB (8931 REV B) Vintage, Working
$74.99
Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Full Retail Version COMPLETE 3.5" Floppy Disks Box
$100.00
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99