i am also getting an error message insmod/lib/modules/2.4.24-xfs/kernel/drivers/input/input.o failed maybe this will help to figure it out. Please help.
I am a lnux newbie . I downloaded the iso image, burned it then changed the boot sequence and everything was running good . It was picking up all my hardware and the Penguin was at the top of the screen and it looked like everything was going to work. Then the screen on my monitor goes black and the green light on the monitor turns red , indicating that it is on standby or shut down. What can fix this?
I have a pentium III 866mhz proc., 512 megs Ram, Ge Force2 mx400 64mb video card.![]()
Please help!
i am also getting an error message insmod/lib/modules/2.4.24-xfs/kernel/drivers/input/input.o failed maybe this will help to figure it out. Please help.
Is this the last message before the screen turns black?
Often acpi is making trouble so you could try 'acpi=off' at the bootprompt.
Did you create a xfs-filesystem? (If unsure: no)
I don't know whether you may prevent it from being searched, but it doesn't sound as if it could be a serious error.
thank you from your reply, but unfortunately it didnt work. I still get the same error" insmod/lib/modules/2.4.24-xfs/kernel/drivers/input/input.o failed "
There where several problems described in several threads, but I'm only guessing, what might help. Did you discover the help-screen with suggestions?
scsi has been told to prevent successful booting, and one option seems very general, about performing only few tests, but I don't remember the name of these options.
i downloaded an older version 2.7 i believe so i will try the new distro 3.4. I hope I will have better luck ,,, thanks for the advice.
unfortunately the newe st distro doesnt work either. It is the 3.4 distro of knoppix. Once again the monitor shuts down after the black screen with the penguin in the top left corner. This time there are not any error messages . Could it be a display setting, or perhaps a BIOS setting?
Did you try all of these bootoptions?
I know, I'm only guessing...
failsafe
acpi=off
noscsi
noapm
They are briefly described in one of the help-screens while booting. And I'm not sure whether it is 'noapm' or 'apm=off' so have a look at them.
Try one of these depending upon what card you have.
xmodule=ati|radeon|fbdev|vesa|savage|s3|nv|i810|mg a|svga|tseng
I had a similar problem with one monitor. When I tried another monitor I got an error message that the display settings were out of range. I was able to fix it by preesing F3 at the initial knoppix splash and changing vysnc and hsync to 65. Both monitors then booted up without problems.
Steve Schwimmer
[email protected]

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00