I got my my linux distro working thanks to Steven2099 . Your advice worked like a charm. I really need to get a new monitor though.the cheat knoppix hsync=65 worked and know i can start to learn how to use linux knoppix, thanks again!!
I had a problem with exactly the same symptoms with an old monitor.
Stephen told me to try xvrefresh=60 as a cheatcode and it worked like a charm
hth
I got my my linux distro working thanks to Steven2099 . Your advice worked like a charm. I really need to get a new monitor though.the cheat knoppix hsync=65 worked and know i can start to learn how to use linux knoppix, thanks again!!

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99
Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord
$49.99
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99