-
Using Twinhan DVB-S card
Hello All,
I am having trouble booting Knoppix 3.3 11-19 on my desktop computer. Found out that I could run the CD on both my laptop and another desktop in the house.
Boot stops just after autoconfig done. After spending a good part of the day playing with various cheat codes, I decided to start pulling hardware. Finally discovered the problem to be my twinhan dvb-s card. Once this card was pulled, Knoppix booted properly.
The Twinhan dvb-s card is a BT-878 based card, but does not use the BT chip the same way as the TV cards. I assume that knoppix is trying to configure the BT878 as if it were in a TV card and that is what is causing the system to hang.
Since I want to keep the DVB card in my system, is there anyway to force Knoppix to ignore the card during the boot sequence? Or better yet is there any way to tell Knoppix how to configure the DVB-S card correctly.
Please be aware that knoppix is my first real foray into the world of linux. Therefore, please be explicit (treat me as if I were stupid) in your explanation if you have any suggestions that might help me. Thanks for taking time to read this post. Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
-
I have exactly the same problem.
I have tried Knoppix 3.3 & 3.4 and the problem is the same.
If you happen to have found a cure could you post it please.
Thanks,
Den
-
Known Problem with PCI ID
I have the same problem, and removed the Twinhan DVB-S Card after playing with the cheats....
In a other forum I read about, that the Twinhan have no valid or a unknown PC ID. And so the PCI Bus stops, freeze. I switch bak an search the information for a link....., back in minutes
-
information found, but no solution,
Read http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/.../msg00404.html for the information I found.
In linux, if I forget to tell bttv the card type, it hard locks.
This means if we could claim the type of card (cheat or config on floppy) it shoul work. Could anyone say something about this? How can we tell the type of card?
--- added later ---
I found something interesting:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=bttv
He wrotes about first starting Prog X then Y in the other case the system hangs.
Is there be any posibility to change the startup routine, that the Twinhan get the required registers?
-
or better yet is there is a way to tell at boot time not to use or disable bttv cards.
I would like to try Knoppix on my computer without removing the Twinhan card.
-
Is anybody here with other DVB Cards?
Are there some other DVB-S Cards that work or is it a problem of the twinhan card only?
Similar Threads
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz DIMM 288-Pin CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
$249.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00