Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Question about TV out for 3.4

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Question about TV out for 3.4

    The last time the TV out function worked for me was using the the 3.2 build of Knoppix that was released on 06/06/2003..."If Im not mistaken on the date".
    every other build seems to scramble my TV monitor making it un-viewible.
    I have tryed the cheat codes listed in the doc section "fb800x600" and "knoppix -txt xvrefresh=60" and xmodule=nv also xmodule=nvidia
    with no success. There is even an option in the kde menu under system/tools/ I believe for TV out, but it just idles and finally dies.
    Using 3.2 I never had to do anything special the auto detect would configure the hardware off the live-cd and it seemed to work quite well. Infact when even I need the additional screen thats the version I turn to. I would however like to have that option using the latest build of 3.4 released on 5/10/04. I'm just curious what has changed from that distro that would cause it not to work. Perhaps there's a cheat code I am over looking? FYI I could care less about 3d support, If I was going to play games I would most likely use Morphix's Game CD, But the TV out function is something I really miss. If anyone has any input as to what may be causeing the problem and what steps could be taken to reslove this issue I would very much appreciate it. Please see my system specs below. Thankyou.

    800mhz P3
    320 megs of SDram
    Nvidia Gforce fx 5200 with 256 megs of DDR video ram
    80 gig HD
    Soundblaster Live soundcard

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    No one elts has issues with TV out for knoppix?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A picture

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A

$119.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00