-
install 3.4 over 3.2
Ok, I've been trying my luck with Knoppix 3.2 (-> newbie) and i'm not quite happy with it yet, so I decided I'll go for 3.4. Windows 2000 and Knoppix 3.2 are installed on seperate partitions, LILO is the boot manager.
My question is: do I have to uninstall LILO first, or can I just install 3.4 on the Linux partion. I'm asking this in the forum 'cause I really don't want any hassles with Windows not booting any more and the mbr of my harddrive wrecked.
I just need some instructions of how to go about it.
Thanx
-
Hey there
You do not have to uninstall LILO in order to install 3.4.
The new LILO version from your new 3.4 installation will just overwrite your previous one, so you do not have to worry about this.
You can always boot your PC from a windows rescue-floppy disc and write in the dos prompt
A:>fdisk /mbr
(make sure you have fdisk.com on the floppy disk)
This command will re-write your MBR so that ONLY Windows boots. This means, it will erase LILO.
This is just in case something goes wrong with 3.4, but I think everything should be just fine.
Regards.
-
Simple answer, thank you very much!!
RonanQ
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SAMSUNG Smart Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Trio 500 Multi Pairing
$40.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00
![Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ] picture](/store/img/g/Vs4AAeSwRbVqwATU/s-l225/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-5-active-Untested-for-parts-onl.jpg)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ]
$75.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77