This is a relatively minor problem, but I cannot change the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10. It worked in 3.3, but now I'm told that "/etc/timezone: Read-only file system" even when I use "sudo tzconfig".
How can I fix this? Thanks.
This is a relatively minor problem, but I cannot change the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10. It worked in 3.3, but now I'm told that "/etc/timezone: Read-only file system" even when I use "sudo tzconfig".
How can I fix this? Thanks.
By any chance, was it just after midnight your time? My 2004-05-10 release worked just fine until midnight hit, then it went crazy again, switching time and time zones in a seemingly arbitrary fashion. I conjecture that the 05-10 fix has a problem when the hour = 0.
No, the local time would have been sometime between 21:00 and 22:00.
More oddly, /etc/timezone says "CET" (Central European Time?), but the current time zone is actually -400, which is the US east coast daylight saving time (EDT). It would have been about midnight EDT when I changed the timezone, but that's probably coincidence.
So far, no matter what time zone I've tried to chage it to, I get the same error.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99