-
Junior Member
registered user
Changing the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10?
This is a relatively minor problem, but I cannot change the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10. It worked in 3.3, but now I'm told that "/etc/timezone: Read-only file system" even when I use "sudo tzconfig".
How can I fix this? Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
By any chance, was it just after midnight your time? My 2004-05-10 release worked just fine until midnight hit, then it went crazy again, switching time and time zones in a seemingly arbitrary fashion. I conjecture that the 05-10 fix has a problem when the hour = 0.
-
Junior Member
registered user
No, the local time would have been sometime between 21:00 and 22:00.
More oddly, /etc/timezone says "CET" (Central European Time?), but the current time zone is actually -400, which is the US east coast daylight saving time (EDT). It would have been about midnight EDT when I changed the timezone, but that's probably coincidence.
So far, no matter what time zone I've tried to chage it to, I get the same error.
Similar Threads
-
By pearman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 10:40 AM
-
By ccaaee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By tempo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 09:23 PM
-
By lothario in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch
$749.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only)
$89.99

ORIGINAL Cisco CPAK-100G-ER4L Cisco CPAK-100G-ER4L-USED Transceiver
$6995.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery No Back C1-F3
$155.00