-
Junior Member
registered user
Changing the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10?
This is a relatively minor problem, but I cannot change the time zone in 3.4-2004-05-10. It worked in 3.3, but now I'm told that "/etc/timezone: Read-only file system" even when I use "sudo tzconfig".
How can I fix this? Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
By any chance, was it just after midnight your time? My 2004-05-10 release worked just fine until midnight hit, then it went crazy again, switching time and time zones in a seemingly arbitrary fashion. I conjecture that the 05-10 fix has a problem when the hour = 0.
-
Junior Member
registered user
No, the local time would have been sometime between 21:00 and 22:00.
More oddly, /etc/timezone says "CET" (Central European Time?), but the current time zone is actually -400, which is the US east coast daylight saving time (EDT). It would have been about midnight EDT when I changed the timezone, but that's probably coincidence.
So far, no matter what time zone I've tried to chage it to, I get the same error.
Similar Threads
-
By pearman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 10:40 AM
-
By ccaaee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By tempo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 09:23 PM
-
By lothario in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM
$80.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY
$600.00

Lot of 36 DDR4 Desktop RAM 160GB Total 32x 4GB + 4x 8GB PC4 DIMM Memory
$520.00

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00