-
HD install - laptop restart problem
Hello! I must start saying i'm a complete newbie at Linux, in fact I'm rather a Win fan...till I found out about Knoppix...i tried it and decided to keep it on my HDD. Being newbie at linux i decided to keep WinXP also. I HDD installed Knoppix on a partion(6.5G -hda3) after i installed winXP on other partion(8.5G-hda1). The swap is on hda2. Everything went smooth and both systems work fine and I even started to learn linux
..after all with this Knoppix distro, Linux is not such a scary thing!
Now comes my problem! I use a laptop (Toshiba Satellite 1800-314) and my problem is when trying to restart/reboot the system from knx. The system shows me that it goes down, then appear "system is now rebooting" ...then everything goes black and so it remains till I manually power off the system and reopen it from the power switch. When I restart from Windows it goes fine but from knopix it doesn't want to restart. Using the same soft configuration i tried to install knoppinx on my desktop PC and there is no problem into restarting the system(but on that HDD is not at all windows installed...only knoppix)... Do you have any ideea?
And my second prob would be my modem...I have installed a PCMCIA card for LAN and a modem (it came with my original configuration of my laptop). There is no problem for detecting, configuring and working with my lan card but the system doesn't detect my modem (is a LUCENT)... is it because of the modem or because I don't have the proper driver or because knoppix can not work with my modem?
I use the Knoppix 3.1 01/20/2003 version.
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By kgonepostl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By mkjtravel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 03:16 AM
-
By dallas7 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 01:36 PM
-
By terminator in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:43 PM
-
By coolmos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope
$89.00